Look no further for an easy side dish that will leave kids wondering is it dinner or dessert time. A great way to sneak some vegetables in while getting kids to help out in the kitchen.
1 small Butternut Squash
1 tbsp flour
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
Makes approximately 6 one cup servings.
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds, peel with a vegetable peeler.
3. Cut squash into ½ to 1 inch pieces.
4. Peel and cut apple into squash size pieces.
5. Mix filling ingredients.
6. Use 2 tbsp butter to grease pan then pack squash and apple mixture into pan.
7. Thoroughly mix topping ingredients with remaining butter.
8. Sprinkle on top of squash and apples.
9. Cover and bake 45 minutes.
10. Bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes until squash is tender.
Come pick your own apples this Fall at the Farm. We would love to hear what you thought of our recipe, message us on facebook or shoot us an email. You can find more yummy apple recipes right on Our Family Blog.